I was going to write out a lengthy and smart sounding blog about the joy found in persecution, but that’s when I realized that I have never really experienced any serious form of persecution for the sake of the gospel here in the United States. Most of you have the same experience. So I’m just going to leave you with a few very important verses and one illustration.
“Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.” 1 Peter 4: 12-13 ESV
“Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2-4 ESV
I’ve always seen suffering for the sake of the Gospel in the way that one suffers for someone whom you love. If you truly love someone, you will do anything gladly and willingly to make them happy, including suffering and sacrificing for them to make them happy. We are supposed to love Christ so much that it causes us to rejoice “that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.” (Acts 5:41)
Verses taken from http://members.aol.com/OrthodoxUM/Persecuted.html
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment